Streaming and furniture shopping.

Thursday, January 28, 2016
I have decided to jump into the world of streaming. With some urging from Thraxxis, last night I set up a test stream and a friend tuned in to watch the corner of my game. 

Because literally, that's all he could see for a few minutes there. A corner. I'm so great!

After that worked out, everything seemed to go great though! The game worked, the streaming worked, I am a master of all things (or rather the three windows) I had going on, and am pretty thrilled with the prospect that I will finally, yes finally be getting this project off the ground. Streaming has been a project of mine on the backburner for the last three years, just before the spasms hit full time. So for me, this is a really big deal. 

I am going to need a second monitor though, it's been on the wishlist for a while. I had one, breifly, but Thraxx's monitor died so he got my second one. I have missed it since then, but I have a more pressing matter at hand. 

My desk is falling apart. 

I don't say that to be facetious or dramatic, the thing is literally 30% duct tape (Go math!) and I can hear it shifting and clicking in podcasts which annoys me to no end. Add to this the fact that it is tiiiny and has no room for the much coveted monitor, and you can all see the issues. 

Keeping in mind I live in a tiny apartment filled with the clumziest (but most wonderful) males in existance, my options for replacing my desk are crazy limited. Since when did it become a fad to have desks with so much glass on them? Tops, doors, shelves, you name it, they are glass. And if they aren't, they are thin and made of cheap metals instead of wood. 

Oh look the 'best' of both worlds, flimsy and glass!
(Pic shamelessly stolen from amazon.) 
The above pictured desk would take longer to assemble then it would stay in one peace at my house. And it doesn't offer that much more space then my current desk. It's quite nice and all I am sure, but it just doesn't suit.

All this for wanting a second monitor? Ugh.

So I decided, while I was in fantasy land where I could fit a massive L shaped desk made of real solid wood into my apartment, to just for fun look into also picking up a new chair. My current chair has me stuffing pillows on it just to fit semi comfortably. Not the best situation at all. But it turns out that chairs make desks look like bargins! Something designed to help my back actually costs around a thousand dollars! (Making $300 for a desk look like a bargain!) 

The whole thing has me somewhat sad and dispondant, I didn't ask for these back problems but they seem to come with their own specific lifestyle. One I need a kick starter just to keep comfortable in! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment